all Rank One electronic forms) is completed. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t
hesitate to email or call. We look forward to a great 2022-23 school year! ALL athletics paperwork is due as soon as possible. If you have already completed the Athletics paperwork, it is on file and there is no need to do anything else at this time. The Athletics Paperwork Newsletter is below as well as the physical evaluation form and the Rank One directions. Athletes will NOT be allowed to participate in Athletics until ALL paperwork is complete.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I will not be in the office until August, but I will check email weekly.
Spring Branch Middle School
Campus Athletic Coordinator
In order to keep our athletes healthy and safe, the University Interscholastic League (U.I.L.)
mandates certain requirements. All incoming 7 th and 8 th graders who will participate in athletics
during the 2022-23 school year MUST complete the required paperwork. In order to be apart of
the SBMS Athletics program, the required paperwork consists of two items:
effort to align with the practices of the high school athletic program, all physicals MUST be
dated no earlier than April 1, 2022. Click here to access the physical evaluation form.
Rank One. There are three forms to complete in Rank One: (1)Consent to Treat and Insurance,
(2) Special Medical Information and (3) UIL Forms Signature Page. In addition to the three forms, there may be a need for further documentation based on the Special Medical Information. This documentation pertains to any athlete who require an epi-pen, inhaler or diabetic need . These forms will have to be downloaded
from Rank One and require a doctor’s signature.
have to pay $25. Payments can be made by bringing a check (made out to Spring Branch
ISD), cash for $25 to his/her coach or paying through the My School Bucks app. Athletes
refusing the district insurance will simply upload both the front and back of their health
insurance card to the Rank One website. If both types of insurance are chosen, the
athlete will need to upload their health insurance card (front and back) to the Rank One
website and pay the $25.
Rank One Sport On-line Pre-Participation Physical Packet FAQs
1. What does it mean to be “under a doctor’s care”? Who needs a clearance note and who doesn’t?
If you have recently seen a physician for a medical condition, or you require ongoing medical care, please provide a medical release note from your treating physician that releases you to athletic participation. This note may be emailed to your coach or athletic trainer. You may contact your athletic trainer with any questions.
2. What is the “valid” date for all physicals?
Physicals for the 2022-23 school year must be dated AFTER 4/1/2022.
3. Do I still need to get my inhaler form/epi-pen form/student self-management of diabetes completed by my doctor?
Yes, you will need to have a new form completed and signed by your prescribing physician.
4. I want to get an EKG for my child. Can they participate if they have not gotten the results/had the exam yet? Do you require me to give you the results of the EKG exam?
EKGs are optional and your child will not be held out of sports participation while they are waiting on the results of their EKG exam. Please send your results to your athletic trainer when you receive them.
5. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Start with step 1 when using Rank One link below.
1. Go to: www.rankonesport.com.
2. Click on: “Parents Click Here”
3. Click on: “Go to Forms”
4. Click on: “Texas”
5. Scroll down and click on: “Spring Branch ISD” Start with step 6 when using “Rank One Online Required Paperwork” link from Athletics webpage.
6. Scroll down and click on: “Proceed to Online Forms”
7. If you have an account: • Enter email and password, click “Login”
8. If you do not have an account, click on one of the options: • “New to Rank One? Create New Account” • “Continue as a guest” • “Login with Facebook” • “Login with Google” • “Search for your Account”
9. Complete parent account information, click on: “Register.”
10.After you register, check the email you used to register with.
11.In the email you receive from NoReply@RankOneSport, click on: “here” 1
12. Click on “here” to sign in.
13. Enter email and password, click “Login”
14.Enter student’s last name and student ID number. Type your name just like it is printed on your student ID card. If you have two last names, you must use both.
15.Click on: “View”
16.Click on each form and complete: • “Consent to Treat and Insurance” • “Special Medication Information” • “UIL Forms Signature Page”
17.Click on: “Submit” when you have completed the form.
18.If you have more than one child, go to “Add a Child” and repeat steps 12-16.
- Tuesday, March 28
- Wednesday, March 29
- Thursday, March 30
- Friday, March 31
- Tuesday, April 4
- Wednesday, April 5
- Friday, April 7
- Saturday, April 8